Sonic Mania Delayed


A few weeks ago, I started seeing new gameplay footage from Sonic Mania being distributed through media outlets and because I am a Sonic fan, I got excited for it. And if you know how The Sonic Cycle works, you start having hope that the next game will be good, then you get excited for it and in the end, you are horribly disappointed and the cycle repeats itself when the next game gets announced. But it seemed like Sonic Mania was poised to break this cycle and after releasing promising gameplay footage, they announce at SXSW that Sonic Mania will be delayed by a few months. Which is fine, it's just a few months. I don't have a current-gen console right now. So I can wait. But they just had to announce at the same time as the delay, Sonic Forces.


I'm not a fan of the modern era of Sonic games, and to be fair, Sonic Forces is a follow-up to Sonic Generations, which featured classic Sonic and modern Sonic. Basically, that means that they had a 2D and 3D section to the stages. And I guess SEGA had to show off something that was a contrast to what they've been showing off for Sonic Mania and that was modern Sonic. But it doesn't look any different from any of the previous modern Sonic games which weren't so positively received. However, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and maybe skip the modern Sonic parts.

Comments